Balochistan Unrest: Salahuddin Mengal kidnapped

Thursday, April 4th, 2013 5:30:08 by



QUETTA: 

Former Balochistan advocate general Salahuddin Mengal was kidnapped in broad daylight from Saryab Road on Wednesday.

Talking to The Express Tribune, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Operations Fayaz Sumbal said that Mengal had been on his way home from the Balochistan High Court when he was abducted by unknown gunmen.

The former advocate general was accompanied by his younger brother Najamuddin.According to Najamuddin, there were five kidnappers. Eyewitnesses said the kidnappers used aerial fire to scare bystanders away.

Following the incident, angry protesters blocked Saryab Road chanting slogans against the government.

Quetta CCPO Mir Zubair Ahmed has formed a two-member committee, headed by DIG Investigation Mubin Ahmed, to probe the case. Security forces have also launch­ed a search operation for Mengal.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 4th, 2013.



Quetta News Sources -2

Tags: , , , ,

Short URL: http://quetta.newspakistan.pk/?p=4943

Posted by on Apr 4 2013. Filed under Latest News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply


Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google
Groupin.pk Deals
Log in