Suo motu notice: FIR lodged against Zehri’s five guards

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 7:00:06 by



QUETTA: 

Quetta’s top cop on Friday announced they had registered an FIR against five personal guards of senior Balochistan minister Sanaullah Zehri after the high court chief justice vented outrage over Thursday’s incident in which the guards had scuffled with police at the provincial assembly’s entrance.

The Balochistan High Court Chief Justice Qazi Faez Essa had demanded action against the personal guards and illegal vehicle of provincial minister fitted with a police siren.

Capital City Police Officer Mir Zubair told a news conference on Friday that an FIR had been lodged that the persons involved in the incident.

Chief Minister Abdul Malik Baloch had suspended the SP of Quetta following a scuffle between the private guards of Zehri and police force stationed at the entrance of the Balochistan Assembly building. The Balochistan High Court took a suo motu notice of the chief minister’s move.

In Friday’s hearing of the Balochistan High Court, Capital City Police Officer Mir Zubair informed the court that a written order of the superintendent’s suspension had not been received, upon which the top judge inquired if newspaper reports were wrong.

“This act by the government has brought down the morale of our police,” said the chief justice.

The divisional bench hearing the case was headed by Chief Justice Balochistan High Court Justice Qazi Faez Essa.

Chief Secretary Baber Yaqoob Fateh Muhammad, Advocate General Shakeel Baloch and Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Quetta Mir Zubair were also present in court.

At the press conference, CCPO Mir Zubair said that on the complain of sub-inspector Neqeebullah, FIR has been lodged against Zehri’s five guards in Bejli Road Police Station.

PML leader Sheikh Jaffer Khan Mandokhail has said that vehicles in possession of Nawab Sanauallah Zehri were registered and he also had licence of the arms.

Addressing a news conference here, Mandokhail said that owing to the current situation of Balochistan, Zehri was compelled to keep guards.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 19th, 2013.



Quetta News Sources -2

Tags: , , , , , ,

Short URL: http://quetta.newspakistan.pk/?p=6165

Posted by on Jul 20 2013. Filed under Latest News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply


Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google
Groupin.pk Deals
Log in